DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified internal medicine doctor years of experience addiction and all other medical problems
24257177

Is this confidential? JA: We keep all your personally identifiable

Customer Question

Is this confidential?
JA: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Doctor's and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems.
Customer: my husband swears he doesnt use cocaine and failed a test for insurance. I made him take a hair follicle test to prove it. He tested 398pg/mg for benzoylecgonine and 1682 pg/mg for cocaine. He swears he has been honest with me but the tests say otherwise. I have read that kidney and liver problems can give a false positive. Those numbers seem really high compared to the confirm rates. Could it be a medical problem or am I being
JA: It can be really useful knowing what is showing up in drug tests. I'm sure our Expert will help you decide whether to get one or not. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: naive
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.
HelloNoKidney and liver problems do not give a false positive.Any positive test is confirmed.It is not a medical problem. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/