Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Will Trazodone HCL used , show up on an employment

Customer Question

Will Trazodone HCL used for insomnia, show up on an employment drug test? Someone I know said it could because it can be abused.
JA: It can be really useful knowing what is showing up in drug tests. I'm sure our Expert will help you decide whether to get one or not. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I take two 100mg tablets a half ou
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I take two 100mg tablets a half hour before I go to bed. It has been the only sleep aid that works with my corn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. The trazodone is not looked for on an employment drug test. There is some evidence that trazodone can cause a false positive for amphetamines, but this will only cause a false positive on the drug screening test, and the confirmatory test will be able to differentiate whether the positive result is truly form amphetamines or if it is a false positive. There is no test in the employment testing programs for the trazodone, itself, or for the class of medicines that includes trazodone. So, there is no reason for you to be concerned about taking trazodone. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.