DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified internal medicine doctor years of experience addiction and all other medical problems

On gabapentin 900mg. tizanidine 4mg. effexor 150mg. and was

Customer Question

on gabapentin 900mg. tizanidine 4mg. effexor 150mg. and was on hydrocodone for broken neck pain but got took off cause pump put in. tested for hydro. still after over a week of being off and I did not take any ! WHY ?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidwhat type of pump have you been put on? pain pumps can give you opiates and narcotics which can test positive.what type of test did you have done? a urine tox screen test for opiates? what was positive?
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.
HelloThere would be no false positive for hydrocodone.It is not a standard panel drug, and would be tested for specifically.If positive, they would send the sample for GC/MS confirmation, which clears up any false positive.SoThis leaves that you had hydrocodone, or they mixed up patient samples. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
This is Dr. DavidI was the first doctor to help you.sorry for the interuption.what sort of pump are you on.there are specific urine tests for hydrocodone in the urine.even after a week, specific urine tests can still detect small amounts of hydrocodone in your urine if you have been on it before.what level was detected in your urine?
HiThe urine detection time for hydrocodone is typically 3 days.Even stretching things, it would not be in your urine if you completely stopped over a week ago.Here is a complete study on this my original answer.You need to question the lab on what they tested for, and how.Please click a positive.Find me, Dr. thomas, as needed for accurate, safe and fast answers.