Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My husband had failed a drug test. It showed meth. As positive

Customer Question

My husband had failed a drug test. It showed meth. As positive we don't do that.. He did take some. Aleve the day before
JA: It can be really useful knowing what is showing up in drug tests. I'm sure our Expert will help you decide whether to get one or not. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: He has had the pop up positive. And meth. He is. A recovering addict. He really likes monster energy. Drink
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: How can he get around. This those positives. Are false. His po told him he failed too many he would go to. Prison I don't want to lose him
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthere are medications which can cause false positive for methI included an article about it.medications includingcold medications like Brompheniramine and Phenylpropanolamine can cause italso Bupropion and Trazodoneantipsychotic medications like chlorpromazine or promethazineand Zantac or Ranitidine can cause false positive for methall positive urine screening tests need to be confirmed with a MS/GC mass spectroscopy and gas chromatography confirmatory testif he hasn't used meth before, then these confirmatory tests should be negative.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
do you have any other questions?