DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified internal medicine doctor years of experience addiction and all other medical problems
24257177

My future employer has requested a drug test: 6633N SAP 10-50

Customer Question

My future employer has requested a drug test: 6633N SAP 10-50 GC?MS are they strictly checking for drug use or could that possibly include any alcohol use?
JA: It can be really useful knowing what might show up in a drug test. I'm sure the Expert will help you figure out the best course of action. Please give me just a bit more information so the Doctor can help you best. For example have you seen a Doctor for this and if so, has there been a diagnosis?
Customer: No, no medical issue just normal pre employment drug screening.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I had some wine this afternoon. I don't do drugs.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 7 months ago.
HelloYou can not tell what it is testing for by the code.That information is only available to the person paying for the tst.Most tests are standard panel.Alcohol testing is separate and usually would have a different code.GCMS is confirmatory testing and is done if there is any positive finding to confirm it is not a false positive. I don't see an alcohol code here, if that helps. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.