Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Wondering about if you take an ETG test and are told it's in

Customer Question

Wondering about if you take an ETG test and are told it's in 'further testing' (Labcorp), what the process it and likely outcome
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I took an ETG test with 65 hours of abstinence, and was told it was sent for 'further testing' - I wanted to know more about the parameters and the elimination of ETG from the system
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I was also wondering if ETG were hydrophilic, or how it can be eliminated more expediently
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. The fact that the lab needs to do more testing frequently indicates ambiguous or uncertain results, but is not indicate the likely outcome. Since the test was done 65 hours since the last alcohol intake, the likely outcome is that it will be negative. The vast majority of people will have a negative EtG test within 48 hours. While the EtG test is stated that it can be positive for up to 48 hours, it is actually only a very small likelihood that it will be positive at 80 or 65 hours. The EtG is hydrophilic. However, there is nothing that will accelerate elimination from the body. Drinking fluids to flush the system may help with testing, but it is more related to dilution than accelerated elimination. Dilution will have the greatest impact on people that are close to the threshold of detection. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at