Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

Drinking ten Bud Light beers with 4% alcohol over a 3-4 hour

Customer Question

Drinking ten Bud Light beers with 4% alcohol over a 3-4 hour period on Friday night with last drink at 10pm and having to do an ETG test on Monday at 2pm. what is the likely hood that the test will be passed?
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the first time that this person has drank since Feb. 12th and has passed all other UA tests that are testing for ETG.
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 7 months ago.
Hello,The ETG test typically detects alcohol in the urine if it was consumed in the past 80 hours. Given that 80 hours will not have passed, it is likely that the test will fail.
Can I help you with anything else?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Even though the person had not drank in two months and drank that one night and the test was 3 days later?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We are being told that the 80 hours is for heavy drinkers and those that drink on a consistent basis...have even read research about this
Yes, unfortunately that's how the test works. It only cares about the past 80 hours and everything prior to that is largely irrelevant.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ive just seen various answers on this website so am more confused than I was
I am happy to look at any research you've come across to help you reach an answer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't remember the website but it was through Oxford University. It would be the first positive and we are just worried that there will be negative consequences
Please send me that website if you can find it since you are worried about the potential consequences.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have also read that the 80 hours is for heavy drinkers. What is the definition of a heavy drinker. the website is alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/content/42/4/317
This is what I have found from Oxford..."Our results are actually very consistent with what is published in the scientific literature, which shows that the ‘80 h EtG test’ only applies to very large drinking episodes."http://alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/content/42/4/317
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what is considered a very large episode
That would be dependent on the person's body weight as it's calculated as the g of alcohol/kg of body weight.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
someone that weighs 200#, muscular, doesn't sit around. i think we have googled to much and are now going crazy
How many oz was each beer?
If each beer was 12oz, thats 14g of ethanol each x 10 = 140g of ethanol. 200#/2.2 = 90.9kg. 140g/90.9 = 1.54g/kg of ethanol. based on Table 2 at http://alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/content/42/4/317, that would make him just about double the "high" dosing group.
Are there any other questions you have for me?
Hello, The best over the counter medication for eczema is Hydrocortisone 1% twice a day for itching. I would also advise using Dove unscented soap in the shower and moisturizing twice daily with Eucerin, Aveeno or Lubriderm. In case of sun exposure make sure to use SPF 50 sun block every 80-90 minutes.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.