Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Hey Dr. I recently ran into a similar issue, except it was

Customer Question

Hey Dr.
I recently ran into a similar issue, except it was a drug screen for work and I have lost my job over it. I am just having a hard time believing that if so many people seem to run into this issue, then how is it that this false positive for cocaine keeps getting disproven. In the link you posted, it states that 31 out of 33 people tested negative after amoxicillin, but what about those 2 people? That means it's possible. Although the study concluded due to majority and I'm guessing assumed that it must have been a lab error, that was not confirmed. I also think dehydration can have a lot to do with the results. The study does not state how hydrated these patients were. I know I rarely drink water and that has caused some health issues, but that's another story. So when you combine amoxicillin with 30ml of water per day, do you think that the possibility of a false positive could skyrocket? I was floored when I heard they found cocaine in my drug screen. That is something I hadn't even considered as a possibility. I did consult an attorney for advice, but have not hired one yet. I also took a hair follicle test that came out negative for everything, but the MRO refuses to accept it because he says it takes 10-14 days for a drug to show in the hair. But it had been 19 days so I am not sure why he still refuses to accept it. I'm at a loss right now, but I am also unemployed so it is difficult to make the decision to hire a lawyer, but I will have to as a last resort. They double checked the chain of custody and everything came out clear. I just don't understand. I wish I had a more knowledgeable background on this so I could fight for myself, but unfortunately, all I know is that it wasn't me and if it's not an error with the lab, then there is something that needs to be researched further with these tests. It can ruin lives.
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im sorry, I posted this question as a follow up to someone else's. I didn't realize that it would post as a separate question. This is the link that was posted disproving amoxicillin for false positive for cocaine:
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidany urine screening test which is positive has to be confirmed with a MS/GC Mass Spectoscopy/Gas Chromatography confirmatory testa lawyer would know this.there are false positive urine testing results. that is why you need a confirmatory test to know for sure.I included a medical articles which talks about false positive results in drug testing.. should hire a lawyer to help you with this case.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using