Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

I had to take a drug screen new job. The first one was

Customer Question

I had to take a drug screen for a new job. The first one was negative, but diluted. I need to retake. What can I do so I do NOT diluted the test sample?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 6 months ago.
Hello,It sounds like you may have been overly hydrated while taking the exam. This is a tactic that many users do in order to lessen the probability of finding illicit substances in their urine. I would say try to reduce the amount of fluids you normally drink for 24 hours prior to the exam and you should have no issues.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took the test today. I didn't drink any coffee or water for almost 12 hours before the test. Had 2 small glasses of orange juice 5 hours before the test. Should that be ok
Yes, less than 32oz of fluids 12 hours before the exam is recommended and you definitely under that.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?