Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My name is ***** *****. . I have a drug test in the

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** *****. . I have a drug test in the morning. I take lisinopril metformin and contrave. I don't do any type of drugs at all. I don't even drink I am so worried about contrave making a failed result for me?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: such as
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Drug Testing Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
also if that is the case what can i do
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that is fine
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. I am sorry that no doctor has yet replied. The naltrexone in the Contrave will typically not cause a false positive urine drug screen. However, even if the urine drug screen is falsely positive, which can happen in some people that are taking no medicines, the next step would be a confirmatory drug test, such as GC/MS. If you have not been taking any opiates, then the GC/MS will clearly identify that there are no opiates present. So, there is no reason for you to be concerned in this situation. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know. The system also says that you requested a phone call when the question was originally posted, and if you would still like a phone call, let me know.