Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I did an at home marijuana drug test, how accurate are they?

Customer Question

i did an at home marijuana drug test, how accurate are they?
JA: It can be really useful knowing what is showing up in drug tests. I'm sure our Expert will help you decide whether to get one or not. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I haven't smoked pot in 10 years and just smoked some on Monday. I have to do a drug test for a job, so I got an at home test kit. I did the test today (Wednesday) and it tested negative. my question is will it show up positive on a test done at a lab?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 8 months ago.
Hello,Unfortunately at home marijuana tests are not as sophisticated nor as expensive as the one used by companies to screen employees for drug use. I would not rely on a negative test for it be reliably negative when you get screened by your job. Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.