Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Is Focalin an amphetamine, I'm a pt at methadone clinic and

Customer Question

Is Focalin an amphetamine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm a pt at methadone clinic and took a Focalin. I had a UA that goes to Labcorp
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Drug Testing Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Focalin is not an amphetamine. It acts on the brain similar to amphetamines, but it is chemically different than amphetamines.

From the perspective of drug testing, since the Focalin is chemically not an amphetamine, it will not be detected by the urine drug screen for amphetamines.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If you would like my assistance on any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/