Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

Drug test, Sure. I work fed gov't and cut-off level is 500.

Customer Question

Drug test
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. I work for the fed gov't and cut-off level is 500. I was taking medication for a rash/poison oak, steroids, Benadryl, anti-immflamatory several times throughout day. I have narrowed it down to 14-32 hrs before test. Vyvanse 70mg.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Drug Testing Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Thanks for requesting me.

What did you test positive for exactly?

In fact, any positive result is then sent for confirmatory testing.

This is called GC/MS testing.

That gets rid of any false positives and correctly identifies the exact drug.

If they did not do this second stage, then they can not validly claim a positive.

If they did do this second stage, the result is not due to your other medications.

OK, so that is an initial answer….so........

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions.

When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they did the gc/ms and provided all the supporting data. I expect it's probably correct. But, to keep my job, I'm needing someone to say that 830 ng/ml is consistent with a one time dose and this concentration isn't consistent with abuse. Is this something you could assist with?

No

In fact you can not say that from that level, and no one would buy it.

There are too many variables, and in no way could that value indicate how much was used at any given time.

This is a question and answer site.

We do not replace your doctor.

Let me know if you have further questions.

dy, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  Family Physician replied 9 months ago.

If you have a valid prescription for this medication, there is no problem.

I assume from the context of your question, you took this medication without a valid prescription.