Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Will i pass an etg test tomorrow which will be 38 hours

Customer Question

Will i pass an etg test tomorrow which will be 38 hours since I finished 4 tall light beers? I'vem been drinking plenty of water and green ta.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's a custody issue with my husband
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It is impossible to say whether you will pass an EtG test 38 hours after consumption of 4 tall light beers. It can be said that you may pass, as many people will only have a positive EtG for about 24 hours after last consumption. However, there are also a fair number of people that can have a positive EtG test for 24 - 48 hour after last consumption.

Although the EtG test is stated to detect alcohol consumption up to 80 hours after last drink, it is actually very few people that will be positive past 48 hours.

So, at 38 hours, there is a good chance that you will pass, but it is impossible to predict with any amount of certainty.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.