Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Do you handle drug testing with a MRO?
, I have a

Customer Question

Do you handle drug testing with a MRO?
JA: It can be really useful knowing what is showing up in drug tests. I'm sure our Expert will help you decide whether to get one or not. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have a question about Specimen ID ?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: -1 at the end of a specimen ID. does not match the CCf
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mro split sample test result paper work. MRO Reported a -1 at the end of the specimen ID why?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
mro report, stated the split specimen was done at the same HHS Lab as the Primary Lab, Then turned around sent another report 3 weeks later with a corrected second HHS lab?
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 11 months ago.

Hi please clarify your question.

If they got a different answer with confirmatory testing, then they would send a follow up report...sometimes even if it is the same answer....

Not sure what you are asking here

Please attach the report here

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
These are both split sample Test reports from MRO.. Employer states the wrong address was reported on the first report after I pointed out my split sample was not sent to a second HHS Lab for testing stated under DOT Rules.Also The test from Medtox My specimen ID has a -1 after the complete specimen ID. WHY?
Is there a Fatal Flaw not repoting the correct lab on the MRO report or are these 2 different test?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

The other expert has opted out.

Every lab uses their own internal method for using specimen ID numbers, but the most likely reason why the one report has a -1 is an internal method for keeping track of multiple tests being done on the same sample, so that a second test done by the same lab would be labeled with a -2. Ultimately, though, if you want to know the lab procedure for specimen ID numbers, you would need to contact the lab.

A transcription error is not a fatal flaw, although it may raise questions, particularly if there is not a ready explanation for the error. When we look at these quantitative confirmatory tests, they are considered the gold standard for detection of drugs, but a potential area for error is if there is mishandling of the specimen, either en route to the lab or within the lab, and mislabeling is one of the possible errors that can happen with mishandling of the specimen. Most collection centers and labs have implemented duplicated procedures to assure that the specimens have been handled correctly, but if there is one documented labeling error, it does raise a question of whether there was a more significant handling error.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I know if the Lab tested the split sample B?
Or was the primary Bottle A retested in confirmation instead?

It cannot be determined from these reports which split sample was tested by the lab.