Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

I HAVE TO HAVE MY FORTH ANKLE SURGERY, TO WALK AGAIN I NEED

Customer Question

Customer: I HAVE TO HAVE MY FORTH ANKLE SURGERY, TO WALK AGAIN I NEED TO PASS THE NICOTINE?COTININE TEST IN 8 DAYS/ IS THIS POSSIBLE, I CAN SAY I QUIT YESTERDAY HARDER THAN I EVER THOUGHT. CAN I PASS WHAT DO I NEED TO DO DESPERATELY WANT TO WALK AGAIN
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have to pass to have suergery my other surgeons ever mentioned cigarettes, my last a Fushion was a Non-Union and this time she was very blunt my new specialist and mentioned amputation unless I quit, she will do a bone graph from my pelvic area and take rod out and fuse the bone graph
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Drug Testing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes Sir! absolutely God Bless I so know it could be my Miracle no ins. but we have managed Praise God
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 11 months ago.

The detection period for cotinine (the nicotine metabolite tested) can be as long as 15 days or more depending on the sensitivity of the specific testing method used by the laboratory.

You might be able to pass a test sooner - i.e., fool the test - however I want to stress to you that "cheating" on this test to have surgery done sooner than ideal places you at serious risk of another non-union.

If you have not quit for long enough that you are 100% certain you will not restart, you really should consider delaying the surgery to avoid serious complications.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much, yes sir, I absolutely want no chance of another failure. My Specialist is booked like 2 months already so it will leave me plenty of time to have success purifying my body and good healthy foods, Vit. D etc, but if I go and test Positive she will refuse any surgery, and will dismiss me she is very streak and I appreciate that. So Dr. I believe my best chose would be to re-schedule my follow-up set for Jan. 12 8am.
That will only be 12 days. What do you think?
How about plenty of water every day, Vit C, Cranberry juice would that improve the time?
God Bless & Thank you so
Very much
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Again smoke free and will remain Surgery would probably be in 3 months with her busy schedule, already booked 2 months in advance. No cheating. No way I want to walk again and take care of my mother.

There is NO evidence that any vitamins, cranberry juice or any other particular food/drink/supplements etc would influence the test.

Being adequately hydrated may help reduce the detection period.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Again,
For your time and answers.
God Bless & Happy New Year
5 Stars☆☆☆☆☆

Thank you - Please don't forget to give me a rating.