Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

How will cocaine show up on a hair follicle test after using

Customer Question

How long will cocaine show up on a hair follicle test after using it several times in one night? It's been 2 months since I've used. I keep my hair short, have had 2 haircuts since I've used. Will I pass?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Well cocaine can stay in the hair for a long period of time. This usually happens in patients who have been using the drug chronically but there have been reports of it being detected in one time users as well. The case reports state that cocaine has been detected for upto 90 days after a single use in some patients. Getting haircuts wont help mask the use in this situation as the drug is absorbed into the hair follicle itself. Now that being said there is a chance that it wont show up after a single use of the drug, it does depend on how much you have used, the higher the quantity the greater the chance that it might stay longer in your body. Secondly, it can leave you system quicker depending on your metabolism as well.

But usually the texts state that it can be detected for upto 90 days. So it is possible that you might not pass your hair test. Also, haircuts wont help as the hair test isnt done by cutting hair, its done by removing a hair follicle from its root and a hair cut doesnt get rid of cocaine in that area.

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove cocaine from your hair, if it is present there. And i wouldnt advise spending money on the removal systems which are advertised on the internet. They dont work. But there is a chance that you might pass the test as it usually doesnt stay this long in the hair (90 days) in patients who are not habitual users and have just used the drug on one instance.

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Do you have anymore questions? If done for now, Please leave a POSITIVE rating as until you do, i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow up questions after the rating as well.

If done for now, Please leave a POSITIVE rating as until you do, i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow up questions after the rating as well.