Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Arizona DPS took my blood on Aug. 25 and then 7 days later

Customer Question

Arizona DPS took my blood on Aug. 25 and then 7 days later my case was dismissed. I was told that county was just waiting on
BAC blood testing. How long can DPS take? Will the results be valid?
dps
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was taken to jail and then just released after 7 days. Lawyer said it was dismissed but will come back ( refiled) when blood results are back. Its been 14 weeks now. Is sample any good? Can they do this?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

If the blood sample was processed and stored correctly, then it would be accurate even many weeks after collection. It is worth noting that the inaccuracy related to improper storage appears to more often cause a level that is lower than if the test was done immediately. But if the blood was processed and stored correctly, it would still be accurate 14 weeks later.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.