Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I just tested positive I DONT DO DRUGS!! I take vimovo and

Customer Question

I just tested positive for THC I DONT DO DRUGS!! I take vimovo and adderal and percets for pain it was a urine test what can I do?
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently on house arrest and I need to know what to do asap
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

ibuprofen and naproxen medications have been known to cause false positives for marijuana or cannabis in your urine.

I included a medical article about this.

Vimovo contains Naproxen in it

show your doctors this article

any urine screening positive results have to be confirmed with MS/GC Mass Spectroscopy/Gas Chromatography confirmatory tests which will test negative if you haven't used marijuana.
let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other questions?

Expert:  Family Physician replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for the delay in answering your question: I am one of the drug testing experts on the site

I believe the previous response to your question may have minimized some important details. You mentioned that you are on house arrest, so I am assuming that this test was done for legal/probabtion/parole purposes.

There are 2 types of tests - Screening tests (home tests, dipsticks and other "instant" or "rapid" tests) - these all rely on immunoassay technology that can give false positives.

The other type of testing - confirmation testing - utilizes GC/MS (gas chromatography-mass spectrometry) or LC-MS/MS (Liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry) do not give these false positives. These tests are much more costly, and are only done when the screening test is positive. If you were "positive" on a screening test, the specimen must be confirmed with one of these confirmation tests to be considered a true valid positive test.

If confirmation testing was not done, the result could easily be challenged by any attorney who has even minimal experience in this field.

However, if the test was confirmed with one of these testing methods (GC/MS or LC-MS/MS), then the only scientifically valid explanation would be actual use/ingestion of marijuana (possibly without your knowledge in food etc).

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I included an article about how naproxen in Vimovo could cause false positive results in urine screening tests for THC

did you look at the article?

what other questions do you have?

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com