Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Will that specific test detect oxycodone that I had to take

Customer Question

Will that specific test detect oxycodone that I had to take for a recent back injury? It's a valid script but my job requires driving and I don't want to alarm my employer
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6402n sap 10-50 is the test I was wondering about if it would detect oxycodone
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The generic test for opiates in the screening test will usually not detect oxycodone. The screening test is good at detecting morphine and the drugs that are metabolized into morphine, such as codeine and heroin. But it is not good at detecting other opiates. There is a small chance of cross-reactivity, but it usually is not detected.

However, if there is anything on the screen that would require the confirmatory test, even a false positive, then the confirmatory test would be able to detect the oxycodone, if it had been taken recently.