wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Over two decades of practice
48069651

I take 1 mg of lorazepam every night at bedtime. I had a

Customer Question

I take 1 mg of lorazepam every night at bedtime. I had a once yearly urine test because I am given narcotics for chronic pain management. This test did not show positive for Lorazepam whe I took it the evening before at bedtime around 1130 pm. Now my Dr. Wants to have me come in and explain. I take the lorazepam every night at bedtime. Why did my urine not show positive for the lorazepam. I also take acetaminophen in the form of a Percocet tablet and the acetaminophen did not show up either but the oxycodone did??
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for for requesting me.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

the acetaminophen did not show up because it is not tested for while the oxycodone is.

As to the lorazepam not showing up that is very weird..... if you take it every evening, as well as the night before the drug test, I can not figure out how it could not show up.

Unfortunately, your MD is going to think that you are not taking it based on this result.

Your best bet is to just tell the truth. If you do this your doctor will understand.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS