Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

How would 12 shots of tequila last in my urine and blood

Customer Question

How long would 12 shots of tequila last in my urine and blood stream .. I drank Saturday from 2-6 i am 130lbs 5"4 and am 45 yrs old .. I'm pretty muscular
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am taking a test tomorrow around 11 am not sure blood or urine ,.. I also drank about 12-15 bottles of water 16oz
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I NEED THIS ANSWER NOW!!!
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. I am sorry for the delay, but the question was only now added to the Medical category.

The alcohol will be well out of your system by now. The urine will be able to detect alcohol use for a longer period of time, because the urine concentrates every substance that is passed into the urine. The usual urine test is for a metabolite of alcohol, called ethyl glucuronide, or EtG.

The vast majority of people will be negative within 24-48 hours after the blood alcohol is cleared from the body. However, there is a small percentage of people in whom the test may be positive for a longer period of time. The test is stated to potentially be positive up to 80 hours after the ingestion of alcohol, although very few will be positive for that 80 hours.

So, for a urine test of EtG done on Tuesday at 11 am after this alcohol ingestion on Saturday, the majority will be negative. However, there are some people that will still be positive, so it is possible that this test could be positive.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.