khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Hair testing, I am a grandma & I understand that (after

Customer Question

Hair testing, I am a grandma & I understand that (after my grandson told me) then my own research & have too found that it is very possible to test positive for drugs even though you haven't taken any, I found on a forensic site that indeed there are many
over counter medications & health issues that say GS (hair test) is NOT 100% is this true??
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that over-the-counter medications causes false positive tests. But they will test it with chromatography & mass spectrometry to confirm it is real positive or not. If the hair test with chromatography & mass spectrometry is positive, it is true positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about this??
http://www.thetruthaboutforensicscience.com/category/www-thetruthaboutforensicscience-com-forensic-science-geek-of-the-week/
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What part should I read in the site?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry didn't give you the page but here it is
http://www.thetruthaboutforensicscience.com/gc-ms-is-not-perfect-the-case-study-of-methamphetamine/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can talk on phone after you read the right page I sent, you'll find it very very interesting AND understand how & why people test positive when they haven't used... Whata shame....
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What is positive for your test? What over-the-counter medication did you take? Did you take prescription medications before your test?