Dr SH
Dr SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I had a panic attack last night and over the course of the

Customer Question

I had a panic attack last night and over the course of the night and this morning I took (2) 1mg klonopin tablets. Today I receive a letter saying a have an employment drug screening in 15 days. I never do stuff like this, the pills are mine from years ago. Will I be okay on this urine test?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns.
Most drug tests are done with the "standard" 5 panel test (including the DOT and federal employee testing program) that does NOT include testing for the benzodiazepines.
HOWEVER, if the test is done with an extended panel that includes benzodiazepine testing, the drug can be identified in urine for about 5 days.
So if you do not take any additional doses, you should be fine in case they use an extensive panel that includes benzodiazepine testing as well.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars as that is the only way I am credited here for helping you out.
Kind regards