wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Over two decades of practice
48069651

Just wondering what option 4 on the COC form /labcorp

Customer Question

Just wondering what option 4 on the COC form for firstlab/labcorp tests for. Thanks
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Do you have a test code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we are not provided with a test code. It is random screening
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience. I see that your expert has opted out.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Labcorp puts together each of their testing panels specifically for each of their customers.
As such, it is impossible to tell what drugs are tested for, let alone in what order they are tested in.
Even though your testing is being done as a random screening there are people/companies that have access to what option 4, as well as all of the other options, test for. All you have to do is ask them for that data. So. Who can you ask?
1. Firstcorp/firstlab.
2. Your employer.
3. The department who has purchased the testing kit and is administrating the random test.
4. If this data is medically necessary for you to have you can request that your Doctor obtain these data for inclusion in your medical records.
Does this make sense to you?
I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Dr. Rick MD FACS