Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Can I pass an etg in 24hrs?

Customer Question

Can I pass an etg in 24hrs?
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or rather is there anything I can do to pass
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Yes, you may be able to ass an EtG test at 24 hours, although it is also dependent upon how much alcohol was consumed. In someone with a low amount of alcohol intake, there is a good chance that they could pass a EtG test at 24 hours. Even in someone with moderate alcohol intake, there is a chance that they could pass an EtG test at 24 hours. Someone with a high amount of alcohol intake would be unlikely to pass an EtG test at 24hours.
Within that context, there is little that can be done to accelerate clearance of EtG from the body. Drinking a good amount of fluids to flush the system and dilute the urine may help to a certain extent, particularly for someone that is close to the threshold of detection. Since people typically cannot know whether they are close to the threshold of detection, it is reasonable to be drinking a good amount of alcohol. Excessive amounts of fluids can cause the urine to be too dilute, which may also raise red flags in the testing process, but drinking 2-3 liters over the 24 hours before testing would be reasonable.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.