Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

Will hair drug testing be positive from a one time use 2

Customer Question

Will hair drug testing be positive for propofol from a one time use 2 months prior to drug test testing hair and if the hair is color treated every 6 weeks likely hood of coming positive
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Hair testing for drugs looks back 90 days. The hair coloring will not mask the results.
So. To answer your question:
Yes. there is a very good chance your propofol use will show up.
Make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Expert:  Family Physician replied 1 year ago.
Propofol is NOT included in most hair tests - even if it were specifically included in the panel, a single use would almost certainly not cause a positive test. The hair tests depend on the overall concentration of the specimen. A single use of the drug would almost certainly not cause a level to be higher than the level of detection.