Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

I'm Denise and I was parked out in front of my house and

Customer Question

hi i'm Denise and I was parked out in front of my house and I got a DUI since the keys were in the car. It took over 3 months to get the results and they said it tested very high? would the sample still be viable?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question:
A properly stored blood sample would still be valid for testing months later. If you honestly did not drink any alcohol, and believe that this test was an error (or may be inaccurate based on improper handling or storage), you would need to have your attorney investigate this further, possibly questioning the chain of custody and storage of the specimen in court.