Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation

would taking c4 cause me to fail a drug test? and if so how

Customer Question

would taking c4 cause me to fail a drug test? and if so how long does it stay in my system?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.
Can you be more specific on what you mean by c4
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
C4 Extreme is a dietary suppplement that I purchased at a Vitamin Shop loction where I am a member of. The associate that helped me highly recommended it and told me he used it with great results. Reading the disclosure it says "would cause a false positive result in testing" also according to California Watch and Sports..Doping answers several class action lawsuits have been filed stating DMAA is "illegal and dangerous" also advise that Dimethylamylamine is similar to amphetamine and is advertised as "legal cocaine" this report was published on February 27th,2012 by Bernice Yeung,California & welfare daily report.... the Resource Exchange Center (REC) sports doping states "yes" we have seen positive drug test in regards to Methylhaneamine" a product found in C4
Thank you for this additional information: The answer depends on the particular type of drug test that is done.

Methylhexaneamine is specifically mentioned as a banned substance by the NCAA - so a college athlete would be placing their scholarship at risk if they were to use this product since this may cause a true positive on the NCAA (or other anti-doping) testing programs.

If you are concerned about drug tests done for DOT (truck drivers) or federal employee testing - the answer is NO, since this substance is not included in the testing.

It is possible that methylhexaneamine could cause a false positives for amphetamine or methamphetamine on a home test, dipstick or other "instant" test. When the specimen is tested further with GC/MS, it would be reported as negative since this substance does not metabolize to either drug.