Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

how can I pass a drug test tomorrow - I took 1 xanax and 2

how can I pass a drug test tomorrow - I took 1 xanax and 2 ativan yesterday

Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 1 year ago.
What type of drug test (urine, blood, hair)?

Why is this test being done?

Is this test being done under DOT rules (truck driver etc) or federal employee testing program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Preemployment drug test - probably urine - not DOT not federal

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything I can take or drink to block them on the test?

Do you know if the test includes the benzodiazepine class of medications?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I don't know -- I don't take pills often - was having a bad day. I had no idea they would call for me to come in tomorrow.

Were these medications prescribed for you or did you obtain them without a prescription?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got them from my Mother

OK thank you for the additional information:

First let me give you the good news. Most pre-employment drug tests done in the USA do not include the testing for the benzodiazapine class of medications. If they do not test for this class of medications, your test would of course be negative (unless you had used something else that they do typically include such as cocaine, marijuana etc).

Now the bad news: The detection period for these drugs is generally in the 4-5 day range. Since you are only 2 days from having used this medication, it is likely that you would test positive.

Despite claims for various products, home remedies, herbal teas, etc..., there is absolutely no evidence that there is any benefit (and often potential harm) from using any of these type of products. There is nothing that you can eat, drink or do that will remove the drugs (or make the test negative) despite claims to the contrary on many less than reputable sites that sell such products.

The only thing that you can do, is to be sure that are not dehydrated, which would increase the concentration of the drug metabolites in your urine which would increase the chance of a positive. SOME people do test negative sooner than the 4-5 day range, but there is no way to determine who might have a negative test.
Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience: Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You -- I know better than to take someone elses meds. Just my luck that one of the hundreds of jobs I am seeking would call after I had a bad day!

Well - hopefully, you will be one of the lucky ones. They may not even be testing for these drugs!

Good luck!