Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

I have to take UA tomorrow and I have used meth in the last

I have to take UA tomorrow and I have used meth in the last 24hrs. A friend told me to mix baking soda with water then drink and this will clean my system. Have you ever heard of this and can you find out if baking soda will help any.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
Honestly, this will have no real effect on your drug test. Drinking large volumes of baking soda in water can have some nasty side effects, but it will NOT be useful in passing a drug test 24 hours after using methamhetamine.

The good news, there is some variation in the period of detection for methamphetamine, so you may be lucky, however drinking baking soda water would really NOT help you pass.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What type of side effects can you get from drinking large amounts of baking soda. And what do you mean by variation in the period of detection.

The detection period for methamphetamine averages about 40-60 hours, however it can be as little ast 22 hour or as high as 77 hours according to some studies.

The difference in detection period varies from person to person (and of course based on dose)

As for side effects; nausea, abdominal pain, severe vomiting and severe diarrhea. It can also raise blood pressure and cause fluid retention.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What is the best way to clean are help clean my system fast once I have used meth. I have to take a UA in 24hrs.
I have to be honest with you, TIME is the only way. There is no way to speed up the process.

None of the home remedies, drinks, foods, vitamins, herbal suppplements or commmercial products sold as "detox", there is no evidence that ANY of these are of any use. In fact, some of them can cause a negative drug test to be reported as "adulterated" (tampered), which is treated the same as a positive. Some of the home remedies etc are actually DANGEROUS.