DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD,
55099014

I failed a DOT drug test (marijuana) I have not smoked any

I failed a DOT drug test (marijuana) I have not smoked any marijuana for five weeks prior to the test, I have taken twelve 200 milligram advils a day for months including the day I took the test. What can I do
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  ratioscripta replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow ups and my replies because I am typing out my answer, or taking a quick break.

I am sorry for your situation. Is this for a CDL license, or something else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is for a CDL, I have had my CDL for 23 years and I believe the drug test is a false positve. the first lab said the heavy use of advil would not cause a false positive but I have seen conflicting information on the internet. I have the option of having the split sample tested by a different lab would this do any good.
Thank you - are you asking what your legal options are, or what your medical chances are of another false positive? You are currently in the legal category, but I can transfer your question to medical if needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ely, I guess I am asking the medical question, if I know I had no THC in my system but heavy doses of advil what are the chances the second sample if tested at a different lab will do me any good
I will transfer your question to the medical category. It may take some time for the question to transfer.

Your JA Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

Good luck!
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
Answers are for informational purposes only. You should always see a doctor when you have a medical question.

The sample should be sent and confirmed via GCMS.

If you truly were not smoking marijuana then it is absolutely worth it as there is no false positive with GCMS.

If you have follow up questions, please ask prior to accepting.
DocPhilMD,
Experience: