Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

I havent smoked in almost 30 days....In that time Ive tried

I havent smoked in almost 30 days....In that time Ive tried two types of urine cleansers which said i was still positive then i tried the Master cleanse and lost 20 pounds..3 days later I took a urine test for employment and I was told that my THC level was non negative so it will be sent off for more testing ..what does this mean? At one time i used to smoke often not to mention that I am a heavy girl...do you think that my cut off testing level will be okay?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
"Non-negative" could be caused by the presence of THC or this could be a false positive.

The "urine cleansers" do NOTHING to help remove the drug from the body. They are honestly a waste of money.

Fortunately, with 30 days from the time of last use, your test will almost certainly come back negative. The commonly reported 30 day detection period really only applies to heavy daily users. Lighter daily use has a detection period of 10-15 days, and less frequent use - even shorter detection periods.