Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

Is there any where to pass a 16 panel drug test, if you have

Is there any where to pass a 16 panel drug test, if you have done cocaine at least once a week for years, but haven't done cocaine for 4-5 days prior to taking the test? Is the 16 panel test urine blood or both and do they test gases etc?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, the exact nature of any drug test panel can vary from laboratory to laboratory (and sometimes a lab will offer more than one extended drug testing panel).

As for the cocaine, the tests in urine are generally negative in 5 days or less. WIth heavy daily use, this can be longer - but with weekly use, I would expect a negative within 4-5 days.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do you know what all is tested for in a 16 panel test? I've heard of 10 panel tests but never 16 panel? Is it more extensive testing or is it actually 16 items being tested?

I read something about Liver enzymes being tested... would cocaine show up in those and or what would low or elevated levels of those mean? Why would they look at those?

I've arranged to do a 10 panel test on my own the day prior to when I'm suppose to do the 16 panel for the company. Do you think it's safe to say that if I pass the 10 panel than I'll pass the 16 panel? I realize no guarantees! Thank you so much!!

Unfortunately, there is no standardization of the panels. Any lab can develop and market any drug testing panel to any employer.

Cocaine would be included in any drug testing panel since it is one of the most commonly abused drugs.

Assuming that cocaine is the only drug that you have used, a 10 panel would have presumably the same sensitivity as the 16 panel - if you pass the 10 panel, you would be expected to pass the 16 panel.