Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation

Is there anything I can take to get rid of meth in my system

Is there anything I can take to get rid of meth in my system immeadeatley
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 2 years ago.
How often have you used methamphetamine?

When did you last use?

What type of test (urine, hair, saliva)?

Why is the test being done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The meth was used for two weeks. It was replacing my usual 40 mg am dose of Ritalin. (methylphenidate)
I snorted it once in the morning for two weeks straight and the test is a five panel urine ready cup kit all in one little contraption. I last used it 24 hrs ago and my test is in 24 hrs. I can use clean pee, but I'd rather not if at all possible. If you recommend using other pee, how long after they give me the clean sample before it goes bad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says your offline, I will wait for 15 more minutes. Thank you
I'm sorry for the delay, I had to make a few urgent phone calls.

The detection period for methamphetamine is approximately 2-3 days. In most cases, by 48 hours your test will be negative HOWEVER, in some cases it can still be positive.

As for what you can do to eliminate the drug any faster - here comes the bad news - NOTHING has ever been shown to remove the drug any faster.

You may find products that promise all kinds of things - "flushing", "detox" or "beating the test" - but the honest scientific fact is that these products don't work.

The only thing you can really do is to be sure that you are not dehydrated; drink 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of fluid in the 24 hours before the test. It doesn't matter the type of fluid because (contrary to what you may have seen on websites), there is no magic potion that will help you pass the test.
Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience: Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about saliva? How long does that test go back?
Saliva test for methamphetamine is about 24 hours and for amphetamine about 20-50 hours. Most are negative by 36 hours.