Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation

I have purchased The Stuff Liquid Intense Herbal Cleansing

I have purchased "The Stuff Liquid Intense Herbal Cleansing" product and have to take a cannibis drug test on Monday. Do products such as this work to alter what can be detected by a urine test? What is the best way to take this, for a test scheduled for 2pm? Is there anything else I can take/drink to maximize efficacy? Any other recommendations? I also take prescription oxycodone in therapeutic doses, that does not worry me. I take it because of extreme osteoarthritis.

Thank you.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question:

I have to be honest with you (and you probably aren't going to be happy with the answer), but these products don't do anything.

There is nothing that you can really do that hastens the elimination of THC or marijuana metabolites from the body faster.

The good news; the detection period is generally NOT as long as most people think in cases of rare or occassional use. For a single use; about 3 days, for use 3-4 times per day, typically 7-10 days.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I understand that no product hastens the elimination. My understanding is that these kinds of products "mask" the THC content for a short while, so that it is not detectable. Your thoughts on this?

Do you know if urine tests result in a "yes/no" for THC content, or is there gradations?

Unfortunately, the claims made that these types of products can "flush", "mask", "beat" or otherwise influence drug tests is not supported by any scientific evidence.

From a perspective of the employer/legal entity if you are positive it is positive. Generally, labs do report actual levels when the specimen is tested with GC/MS (gas chromatography - mass spectrometry) confirmation.

The exact ingredients of these various products sold with claims of "masking" drug tests are not available. You should be aware that some of these products can cause serious medical problems AND some can cause an otherwise negative test to be reported as "aduterated" (tampered), which is treated the same as a positive.