Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

How long does clonazepam stay in your system?

Customer Question

How long does clonazepam stay in your system after one use? i only took 2 mg. I am a 5'3 110 lb female, age 27. will i pass a urinalysis in 2 1/2 days??
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 years ago.
clonazepam has a half life of between 20-50 hours. that means that there is a pretty good chance that in 2.5 days it might be detected in your urine.

sorry for that news.

let me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 5 years ago.
Actually, Clonazepam can be identified in urine for up to 5 days by specific drug testing. Many drug tests do not include testing for this particular medication. The GC/MS tests can identify the drug for about 5 days (not the 2.5 days suggested by the other expert)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What if I have a really fast metabolism?? and does drug court test for it, do you know?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 years ago.
I don't think your metabolism will change the half life of clonazepam. if you have a prescription for this drug then you don't have to worry about it since you are taking it under the direction of a physician.

most drug test do not include a test for this specific medication. It takes the GC/MS tests or gas chromatography/Mass spectroscopy test which is a forensics level test to detect it.

if the court test tests for routine benzodiazepines, it most likely will show up because it is a benzo.
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.