Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

urine drug test 6633N SAP 1050 GC/MS, what does this test

urine drug test 6633N SAP 1050 GC/MS, what does this test for? And if I take oxycodone 30mg and also have a rx for percocet 10/650, will these show up as the same thing? In 2 days from now I have to take this urine test, I do have rx's for these 2 meds, but I am worried for some reason. I understand that as long as you have rx's for what shows up in the urine you are ok, is this true?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately, I don't know the exact content of this Quest Diagnostics panel. HOWEVER, this test uses the industry standard GC/MS technology which eliminates the problem with false positives that can occur with immunoassay.

IF the test includes the specific testing for oxycodone, the test would identify both the Percocet and Oxycodone as the same drug, since the active ingredient in both is the same; oxycodone.

Generally, if you have a prescription for a medication identified in drug testing there is not a problem. There are however particular jobs where there may be a safety concern with the use of opiates such as oxycodone. Examples of this include airline pilots, air traffic controllers etc. In these particular jobs, there may be an issue, however for any other type of employment, you should not have a problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still don't understand the GC/MS factor...and the other part of my question regarding where it says SAP 1050 GC/MS...can you not explain this in more detail please? what does the SAP and 1050 mean? And the 6633N, you don't know what that is?
These numbers are the panel number (just like an item number or part number in some store). The SAP refers to "substance abuse panel" - i.e. a drug test.

The GC/MS refers to confirmation with gas chromatography–mass spectrometry, a technology that essentially creates a "chemical fingerprint" of the specimen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess my concern in regards XXXXX XXXXX 2 rx's, of the oxycodone 30 mg and the percocet 10/650...will it be detected that there is oxycodone as just a positive opiate, or will it actually test for levels?

Like if I didn't tell them I have a rx for the oxy 30mg and just show them the percocet 10/650...good idea or bad idea??? would that pass the test?

With GC/MS testing, the lab does report levels, HOWEVER there is no way to identify the difference. The levels vary based on variable such as the time since last use (a low dose taken 1 hour ago or a higher dose taken 8-12 hours ago), the concentration of the urine (how much fluid was contained, the kidney function, metabolic rate etc.

Drug testing can not (for good or bad) identify the difference between these two prescriptions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I think I'm getting there, and thank you so much. Wow I am put at ease and will most certainly use this site again as well as refer it!

So if I take my last dose of the oxy30 tonight and do not take anymore up to my test, will the levels as you said read hi or low, and would I be ok without telling them I take the oxy30 and just tell them about the percocet? Do you have any advice as far as like drinking a ton of water or anything like that that would lower the levels?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hello, where did you go??
I'm sorry, I had to see a patient in the emergency room, and had to sign off last evening.

The test could not reliably tell if you took the Oxycodone 30 mg or the Percocet. If you took very high dose immediately before the test, the levels might be high enough to suggest possible excessive dose, but there really is no good scientific method to determine the dose/time it was taken based on a urine drug test.

Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience: Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation