Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

I took an EtG urine test this morning and consumed one beer

I took an EtG urine test this morning and consumed one beer sunday night (approx 36 hours earlier) in celebration of my graduation. I know, I just shouldn't have had even just one but I did. Is it possible that I could pass the test or will one beer still show evidence of consumption?

Also I'm 5'4" and weigh about 135 lbs/ female
With a single beer, it is possible that you could pass the EtG test.

The detection period for the EtG tests depends on a number of factors including the threshold used to define a "positive" and "negative" results, the amount of alcohol consumed, other sources of "hidden alcohol" or alcohol exposure in hand sanitizers etc.

While you will find sites/references that claim the 80+ hours, this study showed that commercially available tests were negative by 26 hours.
http://alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/content/42/4/317.full.pdf+html
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If the cutoff was 500 ng/ml would that information help you in any way? I believe that's the threshold the lab uses. Thanks!
I'm sorry for the delay; My internet connection has been giving me some problems tonight.

The cutoff used in the study that I mentioned was 100 ng/ml, and they had a 26 hour or less period of detection. At 500 ng/ml - the detection period would be expect to be even shorter.