Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation

How long will alprazolam be detected in a urine analysis

How long will alprazolam be detected in a urine analysis?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Family Physician replied 5 years ago.
Xanax (alprazolam) is generally detectable in urine drug testing for approximately 3 days. With long-term heavy use the detection period may extend a bit longer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for the answer. As I'm new to this site and this process, somehow some of the information 'I thought' I had sent was lost. I would like to clarify.

The individual I am seeking advice for is taking antibiotic augmentin (875 mg) the generic is amoxicillin and pottassium. how long will it take alprazolam not to be detected in a pain management urine test? He took 14 mg of alprazolam in the course of a week- is 6 days clean of alprazolam enough time to clear traces of it from the body?

Alprazolam and metabolites (the substances created as the body breaks down a drug) are detectable in urine for about 3 days. By 6 days, the test should be negative IF done on urine.

With hair testing, the detection period can be 90 days or longer (although it can take about 1-2 weeks for the hair to grow enough to have that portion of the hair to be above the scalp and included in the sample.

For a urine drug test - 6 days should be negative.