TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My husband passed away 2 weeks ago. Before he passed he

Customer Question

My husband passed away 2 weeks ago. Before he passed he promised he would never leave me alone. Every night I talk to him and I ask him to show me that he is with me, I don't feel his presence. Last week I had a strange dream where he was at a bar (he never went to bars, he didn't even drink) and I was desperate to find him. When I finally found him he acted indifferent towards me, I asked him to come home and he just looked at me and said I am staying you can stay if you want but I am not going home. Today we are having his viewing and I dreamed that I was by his body and I felt him squeeze my hand. But at the same time he was telling me something that I could not understand, and the feeling that I got from what he was saying made me feel like he was angry or upset, but I could still feel him holding my hand. I don't know what that meant.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: There is no arrow, just an x
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?
Customer: I ask him every night and day to come for me.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 months ago.

I am so sorry for your loss and this is so fresh and you are in the grieving process which can take it's own path and it's own time. Try to go easy on yourself during this time. I think the first dream signifies how out of sorts you are and nothing feels right or normal and that is shown by him being in a bar, acting different and also not being able to come home..since he has passed. Your sadness and deep pain around his loss leaves you feeling out of control and wanting him to still be here with you, but no matter how you try you can't get him to come home..in the bar in the dream and in your life. The dream about standing by him and him holding your hand indicates the love between you and not being able to understand what he was saying feels to me a lot about the confusion you may be feeling about his death and how you will be without him. His anger that you felt in the dream may be more about some anger you might have about him not being here for you after he told you he would never leave.

I wish you comfort today and every day. Get yourself as much support as you can and let yourself feel all that you feel.

Let me know how else I can support you.