Dream Symbolist
Dream Symbolist, Dream Expert
Experience:  14 yrs. exp. Spiritual Consult. Jr Midwife. Dream Expert

I dont know what this dream means but i remember a mother

Customer Question

I dont know what this dream means but i remember a mother had a baby and was being chased by a group of ladies that wanted her and her baby and she hid inside a house. They came into the room where she was but it was like she and her baby were invisible to them but they could still hear the sounds she made and the things she moved and touch her. She was about to escape when they figured out what was going on then they captured her and the baby when it started to make noise. Then it was over and it felt so real but it wasnt. I was wondering if there is a reason for a dream like this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 1 month ago.

Let's cultivate your dream together, so your scenes & symbols give a higher perspective on your life & show us guidance we have never known before.

I can't begin to gain a useful perspective until I find out a little about you. Are you a mother already? If so, what ages are your children, and how much do they impact the tasks, thinking, feeling and meaning of your own life? From the aspects of the dream you have communicated in this initial paragraph, it appears that you might be dealing with a secret urge to nourish a different sort of baby--namely a creative endeavor that you might have been secretly wishing to embrace for quite a bit of time. But this urge may seem contrary to what you've expected that your life path should be as a "lady." So you might keep your creative intentions hidden within your own private personality (in a house, invisible inside).

Would the other ladies be jealous of your willingness to embrace your creative interests in spite of what "they think?" Do you have a teenage history of not feeling safe enough to "stand out" as different from your peers?

These are merely speculations. But if you would like to write about your experience with letting your uniqueness be revealed to other women, and about your stage in life regarding motherhood and responsibility for children & grandchilfren versus freedom to change directions into a more unusual and creative path, we could enter into a fruitful discussion of what you write--and if your experiences as a "lady" and a mother are different from ;what I've imagined, then our correspondence will become even more productive and energizing than it is now, when you have written only one paragraph and I've written three. So don't just rate my guesstimates about your dream if you would like to gain energy for embracing life changes that might arise from considering how these and more specific aspects (as yet unmentioned but dreamt by you) can point your way forward. For the Higher Power that conceives and directs our dreams may be guiding you towards new dawnings in your life.