CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I dreamt I was getting on an elevator and I pressed the

Customer Question

Hi. I dreamt I was getting on an elevator and I pressed the number 7 for the 7th floor. The elevator was moving rather fast. When the door opened, I was outside in the sky still inside the elevator and used the elevator as a parachute to land on my feet. What do you think this means?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Jules, a LPC,I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your thorough reply briefly :)

I feel that an important part of me providing an explanation for you involves me describing a bit of the theory that I use to interpret dreams.I tend to rely on symbolism of the dreams and focus on what your personal emotional response is to the dreams. i rely on a Jungian perspective for the significance. "According to Jung, dreams are a way of communicating and acquainting yourself with the unconscious. Dreams are not attempts to conceal your true feelings from the waking mind, but rather they are a window to your unconscious. They serve to guide the waking self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to a problem you are facing in your waking life." (resource: "Some researchers believe that dreams help you to tackle stress. Dreaming is a necessity and helps to recharge the mind and revitalize the body. In dreams, negative emotions tend to occur twice as often as pleasant feelings. Fear and anxiety are the most commonly expressed emotions in dreams, followed by anger and sadness." Jung also believed that you can interpret your own dreams by focusing on the emotional response and looking for correlations. It is also believed that you can interpret your own dreams with the correct tools. I do encourage you to look at purchasing a dream dictionary. I have several at home, but there are also great internet resources. One thing to consider about your dreams, is that they often occur more vividly or frequently while you are processing a change or transition. We will look at your symbolism and then determine how it fits best for you. You will know how it is applicable, but i hope that I can provide you with the symbolism and you can look for the themes that fit your personal situation.

I believe that this dream is a very spiritual one. The elevator is indicative of a rise in consciousness. You are focusing on also possibly improving wealth or status. You may be dealing with a personal situation at this time that is indicative of your desire to do well with a new role. You may feel that you have taken on a new responsibility and you feel that you are insecure about whether or not you are taking on the challenges as well as you hope. The elevator is ascending, which is a positive sign. The dream may also be about the increase in emotions that you are experiencing. The seventh floor is an important part of your dream. Metaphysically, the number seven can be referring to the 7 chakras. The number also has a spiritual connotation. The dream may be about healing, completion, or attaining higher mental awareness. You may feel somewhat "enlightened" in the dream as well. You were able to take the elevator safely to the destination of the 7th floor that you pressed, which is also positive, because the action was purposeful and resulted in the desired outcome. You ascended to a floor but stepped out into an unexpected environment, "outside in the sky" also suggestive of enlightenment and higher consciousness. The elevator, again think of it as spiritual enlightenment, offered you a safe way to become "grounded" again. Overall, this dream is positive in connotation as it suggests that you will receive discernment on a situation and you will find resolve in the area of concern that you may have :) Trust your instincts, ask for guidance, and listen to your conscious or inner voice moving forward. You seem to be spiritually in tune :)

I would love your feedback! Thank you, Jules!

Just wanted to follow up with you. I hope that you were able to read the response/ interpretation given. If you found it to be helpful please provide a positive rating, 3 stars or better, or ask further questions so that I can fully support you. A rating is the only way that experts receive credit for time and information. The rating does not mean that communication has to cease. I can provide further answers or additional resources if necessary. Best wishes, Jules

Just wanted to check back in with you and ask if your found the dream interpretation to be significant or helpful. I want to provide services that you feel meet your need. Please briefly let me know :)