CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I had a dream that I was going to be married in a week to

Customer Question

I had a dream that I was going to be married in a week to someone i know (not well) and have had dreams about before. I was trying to write my vows and I was having a hard time bc I realized I didnt know her well enough. I tried to find her but couldn't. She lived across the hall from me and I went to her apartment (i dont live in an apartment in real life, just this dream). Her friends were there but she wasn't. Her furniture was gone and her friends told me she had moved. I asked them for a piece of paper so I could write her a good bye letter but they didnt have one so I went off looking for one.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 2 months ago.

Hi,I'm Jules, a LPC,I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your thorough reply briefly :)

I noticed that your question was originally for another expert, would you prefer waiting, or would you mind if I provided assistance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure go ahead

Okay, I apologize for the delay. I feel that it is important that I share a bit with you about the theory that I most like to refer to, but also the theorist so that you understand the perspective that i work from. I tend to rely on symbolism of the dreams and focus on what your personal emotional response is to the dreams. i rely on a Jungian perspective for the significance. "According to Jung, dreams are a way of communicating and acquainting yourself with the unconscious. Dreams are not attempts to conceal your true feelings from the waking mind, but rather they are a window to your unconscious. They serve to guide the waking self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to a problem you are facing in your waking life." (resource: "Some researchers believe that dreams help you to tackle stress. Dreaming is a necessity and helps to recharge the mind and revitalize the body. In dreams, negative emotions tend to occur twice as often as pleasant feelings. Fear and anxiety are the most commonly expressed emotions in dreams, followed by anger and sadness." Jung also believed that you can interpret your own dreams by focusing on the emotional response and looking for correlations. It is also believed that you can interpret your own dreams with the correct tools. I do encourage you to look at purchasing a dream dictionary. I have several at home, but there are also great internet resources. One thing to consider about your dreams, is that they often occur more vividly or frequently while you are processing a change or transition. We will look at your symbolism and then determine how it fits best for you. You will know how it is applicable, but i hope that I can provide you with the symbolism and you can look for the themes that fit your personal situation.

So let us examine the themes that seemed to stand out the most to you....

So to dream that you are engaging in a marriage is often symbolic of "commitment, harmony or transitions." You are possibly undergoing an important developmental phase in your life. You may be addressing the possibilities of maturing or thinking about how relationships change over time and growing apart from someone else, but moving closer to a new person. "The dream may also represent the unification of formerly separate or opposite aspects of yourself." You may recognize that this person seems "difficult to find" because you feel that you have yet to meet her in your waking life. It sounds like you desire the commitment of a relationship, but it feels a bit out of reach. Your dream can also be about different aspects of your personality. The masculine and feminine side of who you are; this dream could be indicative of blending your strength, empathy, and nurturing sides, but sometimes you feel that you are less comfortable being open or vulnerable. The apartment that you enter is indicative of your emotional state-- a home is usually symbolic of you as a whole, but an apartment is a smaller part of you-- it suggests possible emotional turmoil. I think that you are feeling a bit dissatisfied about not being able to express yourself to others, also suggested by the inability to find paper in order to write a letter-- you are trying to convey something from the heart, but it seems that you are unsure of how to move forward....

Expert:  CounselorJules replied 1 month ago.

I hope that this has been helpful and that you will provide a positive rating (3 stars or better) for the answer or interpretation that you have received. You can do this by clicking on the rating button and providing a score. The communication does not have to cease if you provide a rating, but it is the only way that the experts receive credit. My goal is to provide with you excellent service. I wish you the best and if you need further clarification, please feel free to ask more questions. I can also send more specific resources if necessary for you! Thank you! Jules

I just wanted to check back in and ask if I can further support you. It is the end of the month and I try to go through my questions that remain open and I don't want to leave anything left unanswered. I noticed that this question was left unrated, and that, to me, suggests that I may need to continue working with you to find what is applicable :) So please help me, to help you :)