Mrs.SandMan, Consultant
Experience:  Spiritual Scholar of dreaming last 5 years.

Thursday night/ early Friday morning (18/19-Aug-2016) I

Customer Question

Thursday night/ early Friday morning (18/19-Aug-2016) I dreamt that an ex-lover let a large lion through a back door connected to my kitchen. the lion was extremely tame & appears to be my pet- it was full of fur, a big mane. I didn't know that it was my pet, so I tried escaping it. I was afraid, but didn't show it. I quickly went into the living room & dropped onto the sofa. it found me there & pounced on me, yearning for affection- it started to rub itself against me (he was so soft, but HEAVY). I didn't even wince, I showed no fear. I stroked him as he laid on me. I felt my stomach sinking with his weight but the pain wasn't sharp, as I, myself began to be overwhelmed with the need to satisfy his need for my affection. my heart raced, but I hoped he couldn't sense that I was afraid. he began to be playful & turned on his back for me to stroke/rub its belly. I did, very casually, then he turned on his side, facing front (not facing me), my limp hand still over him, & then he reached for it with his mouth as if to devour it. I could feel his breath, his tongue, the roof of his mouth, his teeth against my skin. a song from calypsonian The Mighty Sparrow, began to play & with the climax of the song, the lion's mouth stayed open with my hand in it- then he dropped it. I awoke, sat on the side of the bed & began to sing the song. by the way, I don't have a back door connected to my kitchen & I don't have a sofa- I did in m y dream.
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else the Dream Analyst should be aware of?
Customer: no- it's all there for you!
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Mrs.SandMan replied 1 month ago.

Hi I would be happy to assist you in understanding your dream. I feel this lion is representing your ex lover. Perhaps your ex lover had a bad temper? or over bearing, or dominate, prideful? Animals will often times be a representation of characteristics for an individual. Since you were not trying give affection to this lion could be representing how you perhaps tried to deal with your relationship relating to your ex. Was he easily tempered? A sofa usually is symbolic of "support". Such as emotional or physical support in your life or relating to others. Your hand represents your works in life. Since the lion had its mouth on your hand to devour, perhaps your ex caused a lot of damage in your life and may have affected your ability to live life. Does this song mean anything to you personally? Sounds a though you were set free from the grasp of your relationship with your ex. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
While waiting for your response I tried figuring out the dream, myself. First, the ex in it is a very gentle man, not at all dominating or too proud. He's my ex because he was married (his wife died after we parted), but he is a beautiful man- in personality & appearance. So was the lion in the dream. I figured the lion represents an intimidating situation I'm going through, but apparently one I'm about to conquer. The song is a story of a slave - maybe I've been holding myself hostage to this seemingly intimidating situation and when I conquer it I'll think that it wasn't so bad after all. I'll be set free! I don't know what the ex lover represents, though, letting the lion in with a smile, and the back door that I don't have. The couch that I also don't have is probably the support I'll get if I get others involved in this situation. Hmmm.....

Sounds to me you have a very clear understanding of your own dream. :-) Back doors usually represent things coming back in to your life or things that are in the back of your mind thoughts feelings etc. The ex lover could just be symbolic of your relationship with him and what he represents to you. it maybe similar in some way to the situation you are in now.