CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

I had a dream that i came home and there were objects being

Customer Question

I had a dream that i came home and there were objects being threw by something paranormal and everyone i was with wanted me out of my house and in an instant i realized i forgot my child at day care and instantly i was not bothered by what eas going on im my house but then began to panic about my child. At the end of my dream my child eneded up being picked up by a friend and then it ended.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 3 months ago.

Hi,I'm Jules, a LPC, and welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your thorough reply briefly :)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok

I gave you a brief description of the theory that I often refer to in the other question that I answered about your dream, but this dream goes a bit deeper into the psyche. Maintaining the use of the Jungian theory that I described before, I want to share with you about the symbols that Jung described that tend to exist in a dream.

"Jung identifies seven such symbols in what is referred to as the major archetypal characters:

1. The Persona is the image you present to the world in your waking life. It is your public mask. In the dream world, the persona is represented by the Self. The Self may or may not resemble you physically or may or may not behave as your would. For example, the persona can appear as a scarecrow or a beggar in your dream. However, you still know that this "person" in your dream is you.

2. The Shadow is the rejected and repressed aspects of yourself. It is the part of yourself that you do not want the world to see because it is ugly or unappealing. It symbolizes weakness, fear, or anger. In dreams, this figure is represented by a stalker, murderer, a bully, or pursuer. It can be a frightening figure or even a close friend or relative. Their appearance often makes you angry or leaves you scared. They force you to confront things that you don't want to see or hear. You must learn to accept the shadow aspect of yourself for its messages are often for your own good, even though it may not be immediately apparent.

3. The Anima / Animus is the female and male aspects of yourself. Everyone possess both feminine and masculine qualities. In dreams, the anima appears as a highly feminized figure, while the animus appears as a hyper masculine form. Or you may dream that you are dressed in women's clothing, if you are male or that you grow a beard, if you are female. These dream imageries appear depending on how well you are able to integrate the feminine and masculine qualities within yourself. They serve as a reminder that you must learn to acknowledge or express your masculine (be more assertive) or feminine side (be more emotional).

4. The Divine Child is your true self in its purest form. It not only symbolizes your innocence, your sense of vulnerability, and your helplessness, but it represents your aspirations and full potential. You are open to all possibilities. In the dreamscape, this figure is represented by a baby or young child.

5. The Wise Old Man /Woman is the helper in your dreams. Represented by a teacher, father, doctor, priest or some other unknown authority figure, they serve to offer guidance and words of wisdom. They appear in your dream to steer and guide you into the right direction.

6. The Great Mother is the nurturer. The Great Mother appears in your dreams as your own mother, grandmother, or other nurturing figure. She provides you with positive reassurance. Negatively, they may be depicted as a witch or old bag lady in which case they can be associated with seduction, dominance and death. This juxtaposition is rooted in the belief by some experts that the real mother who is the giver of life is also at the same time jealous of our growth away from her.

7. The Trickster, as the name implies, plays jokes to keep you from taking yourself too seriously. The trickster may appear in your dream when you have overreach or misjudge a situation. Or he could find himself in your dream when you are uncertain about a decision or about where you want to go in life. The trickster often makes you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed, sometimes mocking you or exposing you to your vulnerabilities. He may take on subtle forms, sometimes even changing its shape. (resource: dreammoods.com)

So with explaining these, and not being too aware of any major transitions that you are processing, let's explore the dream a bit. I am leaning toward the symbolism suggesting the shadow or a trickster in your dream. It sounds like you may be processing feelings of being overwhelmed right now. You may feel that internally everything really is swirling and you may feel that you are under a great deal of stress and feel that you have very little control. You are not aware of why it feels that you are unwanted in your home, you may have guilt or anger at yourself for leaving your child at daycare, you may have felt that you were very confused about the state of affairs. interestingly there could be something that has happened in your life that you are experiencing remorse and feel that you should accept some sort of responsibility-- maybe you feel that others also feel this way. "To dream that objects are moving on its own or that switches and electronics are turning on/off or some other paranormal activity indicates that you are refusing to take responsibility for your actions. The dream is also saying that you tend to let things happen instead of making things happen." Maybe the dream is suggestive of being more independent. Maybe you feel that others do not notice your appreciation and so you would assume to take more of an active role? Forgetting your child is what suggests to me that you feel overwhelmed-- one, that is usually a parent's worst fear, and two, a parent would experience a range of emotions after something like this were to occur! But, it sounds like your friend stepped in and supported you, suggesting to me that although you at times feel overwhelmed, you do have strong people in your life willing to help you when needed!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In my dream there were several people around me who were afraid but i had no feeling they were seeing the things in my house that made them uncomfortable and they intantly wanted to leave they were trying to persuade me to pack up and leave the house in fear for me and eventually i decided that this spirit was unkind and in that instant i realised i forgot my baby and my focus shifted to my child and my goal of leaving was no longer a priority i felt anxious and uneasy the entire dream if this means anything

I wanted to ask you, are you currently pregnant or do you already have a child in your waking life?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am pregnant and i have two children

During pregnancy our dreams definitely can become more vivid. It sounds like you are possibly processing several aspects of your emotions: joy, confusion, stress, anxiety, confusion.... These could actually be the objects flying around in the dream. Others may not see them, because they are specifically yours. If others know that you are pregnant with your child, they may have their own opinions of even have offered unsolicited advice on what you should do. This may have manifested in your dream also as they were encouraging you to leave a situation. Maybe you have received advice from others about the situation or the unborn child's father. Forgetting a child in the dream, as a I said previously, is often about feeling overwhelmed. You may also feel that you will be a busy mother of three and have some anxiety about providing for all three children at times and balancing. The dream could be an expression of your fears about this transition but also a reminder that you do have support available and that you are not alone.

I wanted to check back in and ask how I can further support you? I didn't want to leave you feeling that your question went unanswered. If you have more that you would like to process, please feel free to write back. However, if you do feel satisfied I ask that you kindly accept the answer provided, or provide a positive rating (3 stars or better) so that credit is received for the answer given. Communication does not have to end even after a rating is provided, you are welcome to follow back up with additional questions related to the initial situation :)

I hope that this has been helpful and that you will provide a positive rating (3 stars or better) for the answer or interpretation that you have received. You can do this by clicking on the rating button and providing a score. The communication does not have to cease if you provide a rating, but it is the only way that the experts receive credit. My goal is to provide with you excellent service. I wish you the best and if you need further clarification, please feel free to ask more questions. I can also send more specific resources if necessary for you! Thank you! Jules

It's been a while, and I just wanted to check back in and see how things are going for you?