CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

My friend had this dream for me I dreamt that I had been

Customer Question

My friend had this dream for me
I dreamt that I had been invited to your home. And it was huge. So many people it was like a palace .You had dozen of cousins both male and female running around everywhere. A kitchen bigger than my mom's house where they were cooking. It seemed like a A wedding or smething but in your honour.Some of your cousins were not nice and I was looking everywhere for you to complain but cldn't find you It was a huge house. All your relatives were very very very beautiful. Kids were running up & down the stairways. It was a happy home like a palace 8/3/16, 11:30:12 PM: Janet Nassali: I was complaining that someone had used my toothbrush coz it was wet (go figure). No body believed me. Even you're mom. Someone said I was a trouble maker I was sooo sad. I cldn't find u in that huge posh house. I kept saying only Solome will believe me. Finally found u hiding in the pantry. Under the stairs. Sleeping on the truncks. You said u were hiding from everyone. U were tired U didn't want the fuss. U just wanted a simple life. U believed me about the toothbrush
And u introduced me too some group of guys. U said they were truck drivers. Very rich but very humble too. They didn't like show off. Now those were nice to me. And I woke up
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 3 months ago.

Hi,I'm Jules, a LPC, and welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your thorough reply briefly :)

I feel that it is important that I share a bit with you about the theory that I most like to refer to, but also the theorist so that you understand the perspective that i work from. I tend to rely on symbolism of the dreams and focus on what your personal emotional response is to the dreams. i rely on a Jungian perspective for the significance. "According to Jung, dreams are a way of communicating and acquainting yourself with the unconscious. Dreams are not attempts to conceal your true feelings from the waking mind, but rather they are a window to your unconscious. They serve to guide the waking self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to a problem you are facing in your waking life." (resource:http://www.dreammoods.com/dreaminformation/dreamtheory/jung.htm) "Some researchers believe that dreams help you to tackle stress. Dreaming is a necessity and helps to recharge the mind and revitalize the body. In dreams, negative emotions tend to occur twice as often as pleasant feelings. Fear and anxiety are the most commonly expressed emotions in dreams, followed by anger and sadness."

Often when someone dreams of a house, it is significant because it can be a reflection of your inner soul or psyche. Your home being full of people, even if you did not know them well, was a sign of security and feeling connected. The home was beautiful and like a palace, filled with family and you were in a kitchen. A kitchen is often the hub of a home where people congregate, it is like the nucleus. One resource states "To see a kitchen in your dream signifies your need for warmth, spiritual nourishment and/or some emotional healing. It may also symbolize the nurturing mother and how you are there for your loved ones. Alternatively, the kitchen represents a transformation; something new or life altering is about to occur." However, even while in the dream and in this beautiful home, you felt that no one was listening to you. It may have seemed that you were seeking validation. "To see or use a toothbrush in your dream suggests that you are feeling defensive about any criticism directed towards you. You are putting up a shield or barrier to protect yourself from potential hurt." In your waking life you may feel that no one trusts you or will listen to your needs, but you are able to rely on your best friend. She was hiding under many objects where others would not find her. This suggests that maybe you dont want to be a burden to her, but you know that you need to talk to someone about your feelings-- externalize. She is reliable for you. I think that the significance of the humble people, but that also were successful. I think that this is indicative of desiring success, but with humility and honesty. Not something "showy" or boastful. I think that the dream is a positive dream about understanding what you mostly want in your life; not just something that looks good on the outside, but something that feels good on the inside.

I hope that this has been helpful and that you will provide a positive rating (3 stars or better( for the answer or interpretation that you have received. You can do this by clicking on the rating button and providing a score. The communication does not have to cease if you provide a rating, but it is the only way that the experts receive credit. My goal is to provide with you excellent service. I wish you the best and if you need further clarification, please feel free to ask more questions. I can also send more specific resources if necessary for you! Thank you! Jules