CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

I amnew to the site. I am not sure how it works, I had 2

Customer Question

Hello i amnew to the site. I am not sure how it works
JA: The Dream Analyst will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.
Customer: I had 2 dreams last night. Both invole a man i admire from afar. I believe we have a soul connection. Th e first dream he used his company to employ me like a saving jesture but i didntneed the job. I didnt even go on thefirst day. I only accepted the job to becloser to him. In this first dream he spoke to his sister about loving me and wanting to go to me. The second dream had a different ending i didnt go to the job but his aunt gaveme item to deliver to him so i did. I was dressed in strange clothes made from tapestries. I went to his house but he didnt hear me comein andwas frightened when hesawmestanding there. I gave him the bundle hetook it and i left. It was very transactional like ost of our dealing in real life.
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else the Dream Analyst should be aware of?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. I apologize for the delay while you have been waiting for an expert to help you with your dream interpretation. I think dreams are fascinating and I appreciate you reaching out for a possible explanation. I feel that it is important that I share a bit with you about the theory that I most like to refer to, but also the theorist so that you understand the perspective that i work from. I tend to rely on symbolism of the dreams and focus on what your personal emotional response is to the dreams. i rely on a Jungian perspective for the significance. "According to Jung, dreams are a way of communicating and acquainting yourself with the unconscious. Dreams are not attempts to conceal your true feelings from the waking mind, but rather they are a window to your unconscious. They serve to guide the waking self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to a problem you are facing in your waking life." (resource:http://www.dreammoods.com/dreaminformation/dreamtheory/jung.htm) "Some researchers believe that dreams help you to tackle stress. Dreaming is a necessity and helps to recharge the mind and revitalize the body. In dreams, negative emotions tend to occur twice as often as pleasant feelings. Fear and anxiety are the most commonly expressed emotions in dreams, followed by anger and sadness." Dreams also help us process any transitions that are occurring in your waking life. In your dream it sounds as though you are processing the possibility of taking a relationship to a different level. This in itself can be anxiety provoking because taking risks can be very scary! Now, you have dreamed about this man that you admire from afar, but the emotion of being unsure about him or the steps you should take, can actually be applicable to other areas of your waking life. Maybe your dream is more about taking risks, trying new things, or processing transitions. I am quoting a resource( dreammoods.com) that discusses the presence of this man in your dream.

"To dream that you have a crush on somebody is a literal reflection of your attraction and fascination for that person. To see your crush in your dream represents your current infatuation with her or him. If you find yourself thinking about her or him during the day, then it is not surprising that their image will appear in your dream during the night. If you dream of your crush frequently or that your crush likes you back, then your dream maybe be telling you that it is time to let this person know how you feel, especially if you are dreaming of her or him in a good way. Only good things can happen from you telling your crush. Even if she or he is not interested, at least you can move on and stop wasting time on her or him."

If you dream that somebody has a crush on you, then it represents you own sense of worthiness and esteem. To dream that your crush rejects you or stood you up represents your feelings of insecurities and anxieties. The idea of not knowing how your crush feels about you is driving you nuts. Assuming that he or she will reject you, before you actually know how he or she feels, saves you from getting hurt. Because you are afraid to find out how he or she feels about you, it may just be easier to move on if you think that they don't like you back."

I think that the other symbolism in the dream is that you are processing whether or not there is a potential for a relationship. The first dream is very indicative of your interest and a willingness to commit to something, even like a job, although it is not a necessity in your life. It just represents your desire for the possibility. Jobs also have strict boundaries and some employers do not allow for romantic relationships between co-workers or subordinates and supervisors, so maybe the dream and the job suggest that you are looking for a "safe" way to be close to him, but not necessarily seek the relationship or disclose all of your feelings. You see him speak to his family member about you which is positive and hopeful on your part. You are optimistic about the desire. In the second dream, you are part of a "transaction" like you said most of your waking relationship is, but you are giving a gift. This symbolizes "you may be trying to express some feeling or have something awkward to say that has to be carefully packaged." So it sounds that this really touches on the basis of your emotions. You want to approach him, but you fear his reaction and you know that you want to articulate your feelings in a manner that does not "scare" him-- like in your dream. You being present in his home without him knowing is suggestive of you feeling that he has no idea that you feel this way about him and that you are afraid that by telling him it will change the interactions that you have at this time. He accepted the "gift" (or in your waking life, how you would disclose your feelings) but you feel that the statements are "lost on him" or that he does not reciprocate the feelings. It sounds as though you are simply afraid of "what could be." However, my encouragement is that if you are both available for the relationship and if you feel strongly enough, you may gain closure in communicating your desires with him or at least asking him for coffee or drinks to see about building the relationship rather as a stronger friendship or even more.....One more interesting thing about a "gift" is that some people use the word "present." The dream could also suggest that you be in the "present" and not fear the future or allow the past experiences in a relationship (good or bad) determine what you feel the outcome to be.....

I hope that this has been helpful and that you will provide a positive rating (3 stars or better( for the answer or interpretation that you have received. You can do this by clicking on the rating button and providing a score. The communication does not have to cease if you provide a rating, but it is the only way that the experts receive credit. My goal is to provide with you excellent service. I wish you the best and if you need further clarification, please feel free to ask more questions. I can also send more specific resources if necessary for you! Thank you! Jules

I meant to address the aspect of the tapestries in your dream. A tapestry is something "woven" or something that likely takes a long time to create. A great deal of work or effort is in place and you may feel that you have thought about this for quite some time. It is suggested that a dream where you see tapestry is that you will find some sort of success and it is a positive dream about meeting goals or needs. You are hopeful that he sees the efforts put into the characteristics that you possess and what you offer as a woman or partner.....

I hope that this has been helpful and that you will provide a positive rating (3 stars or better) for the answer or interpretation that you have received. You can do this by clicking on the rating button and providing a score. The communication does not have to cease if you provide a rating, but it is the only way that the experts receive credit. My goal is to provide with you excellent service. I wish you the best and if you need further clarification, please feel free to ask more questions. I can also send more specific resources if necessary for you! Thank you! Jules