TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I keep having a recurring themed dream. It's painful and I'm

Customer Question

I keep having a recurring themed dream. It's painful and I'm tired of them. It's always a different scenario but the jist of it is always the same. There some sort of financial issue which spurs an argument and my husband is my husband in all manners but physically it's actually my ex. I use Adam's name and he acts like Adam but it's Troy. I wake up crying and miserable and I don't if it means something or what is going on.
JA: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Is there anything else the Dream Analyst should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of; there are no relationship issues I'm happy in my life but my dreams are haunting me.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 months ago.

What was the stress in the relationship with your ex in the relationship around finances, power, control, etc.?

It seems to me without knowing more, that there may have been some difficult issues with him in the past and may have been unresolved...at least unknowingly unresolved and they are coming up when the mind is supposed to be at rest but often this is the time that things get worked through.

I am here to continue the conversation when you are ready.

How can I support you?