CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

L have this same dream but at intervals over my life. I

Customer Question

Hi l have this same dream but at long intervals over my life. I dream that l have a baby but have forgotten about it for long periods of time. I wake up and hope that l can go feed it and it is alive. It always is but everything is not right
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I hope that I can be of service. Dreams are really fascinating and they can provide insight into an area of our waking life that we may not fully know how to express. Dreams about babies are fairly common. Recurrent dreams, even if distant intervals, or at least as I have been taught, is that they recur because the dreams may be helping you identify or point to a conflict, situation or matter in your waking life that remains unresolved or unsettled. It has been said that these dreams "may be highlighting a personal weakness, fear, or your inability to cope with something in your life - past or present." So, let's look at the symbolism. According to a resource that I refer to frequently, "forgetting about a baby represents an aspect of yourself that you have abandoned or put aside due to life's changing circumstances. The dream may serve as a reminder that it is time for you to pick up that old interest, hobby, or project again." Dreaming of babies in general is often about "nurturing" an aspect of yourself. This can be suggestive that maybe you feel that you are focused on supporting others, but less focused on having your needs met at this time. It may be time to establish boundaries around either activities or people so that you can emotionally revitalize or feel less drained or fatigued about situations. There may be a situation in your life that leads you to feeling deficient in some manner. This can be a sign to address these feelings. You may also feel that you are pulled in several directions and that you cannot quite get ahead. My encouragement is that you foster your needs so that you can continue to perform in the activities of your choice, but also don't be afraid to ask for support or help and even patience from others.

I hope that this has been helpful! I would love your feedback and thank you again for your question! Jules

I just wanted to follow back up with you and make sure that you were able to view the answer given. I hope that you will provide a positive rating as it is the only way that experts are able to receive credit for the answer provided. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. If this interpretation does not feel applicable, we can continue to process. Thank you again, Jules.